Portrait of Captain Bligh. The convict-crafted bricks from which the building is built were made in 1846 at Variety Bay on North Bruny Island. Later twenty-six thousand of these bricks were transported from North Bruny Island, making the journey across the Isthmus (Neck) & through the winding Adventure Bay Rd to their destination at the Museum site. The Bligh Museum houses a variety of interesting & quirky exhibits from Bruny Island, Tasmania & Polynesia. Polynesian & Australian war weapons in the Bligh Museum.